A PASSENGER SURVEY AT BARAJAS AIRPORT
Assignment: This project should be carried out at Barajas airport. You must interview two people and ask for permission to video-record the interview. If not, at least ask permission to record the sound. Do it in pairs. Some interviews will be published on the blog www.agr8tourblog4u.blogspot.com for educational purposes.
Aim: To use English as a tool for communication and to get to know the people who visit our country (nationalities, reasons for travelling, accommodation expectations…)
Assessment criteria: It will be graded from 1 to 10 and will be part of the mark of the oral skills.
Deadline: By Monday 8th November.
You can begin like this:
Good morning/afternoon/evening. I’m a student of Hotel Management / Tourism at Hotel Escuela High School, Madrid. We are doing a project about why people travel. Would you mind answering a few questions? If you don’t mind, we would like to record the interview as a class practice. Thanks a lot.
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS: CHECK-IN/DEPARTURE AREA
1. Where are you from?
2. Where are you travelling to? What’s the name of the airport?
3. How long have you been here?
4. Have you been in Spain before?
5. Where did you stay? (Accommodation)
6. What’s a hotel for you? Tick the right option.
a) A bed for the night c) A bit of luxury once in a while
b) The office when away from the office d) Home far from home
7. What was the purpose of your visit?
8. How often do you travel abroad?
9. Which countries have you visited?
10. What did you like most about Spain?
Thanks for your help. Have a nice trip.